On the water
We finally got our boat in the water and had our maiden voyage last weekend. Stella's cousins and aunts and uncles came up with us. In addition to eating chips and soaking up the sun, there was quite a bit of fishing that went on. Stella seems to take after her father when it comes to fishing, preferring to watch and let other people do the work. Thankfully Uncle Troy appears to enjoy managing the fishing exploits of three small children.A healthy number of perch and pumpkin seeds (this is apparently a variety of pan fish) were landed. While Stella and I are on the same page when it comes to catching fish, we had an ideological split when it came to consuming the fish the next day at Troy's fish fry. Stella had no interest, while I ate heartily. I am confident she will eventually learn that while catching fish may seem like more work than it is worth, consuming the fruits of others' labor is quite enjoyable.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home