Friday, September 12, 2008

Block Party

We had our second annual block party last night. There sure are a lot of small children on our block. Stella had a very nice time, enjoying a pull down the street in a wagon with her friend Riley during the parade, dinner with her mother, and a spin on her bike.

In other news, Stella has started going to "school." Personally, I don't really consider it school, but it seems to be in vogue to call this once a week 1.5 hour play party at the rec center "school," so I go along with it. There are some photos below from the first day. Stella and three of her friends (Audry, Delaney, and Gwen) all started on the same day. Audrey's mom apparently went back a little early to see how things were going since Audry was a little distressed when she left. She shot us an email with the following report:

I arrived early to pick up Audrey and I peeked through the shades to watch. The teachers were standing with the kids while music played. The teachers were flapping their arms and spinning, all the while encouraging the kids to do the same. Audrey had to be pushed into the circle where she did nothing. Gwen was walking away and Delaney was just standing there. I'll bet you can guess who was dancing along. I think she was the only one. Teacher's pet. I think she's trying to make the rest of us look bad.

Apparently Stella really enjoys "school."







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE the "first day of school" pic with Stella and her "girlfriends". TOO CUTE :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home