Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tropical, mommy-free, weekend

There was a time when a weekend away for Sara would have been big news on the blog, but Stella and I have developed our own rhythm when mom isn't around. In short my stomach acid level no longer spikes when Sara is out of town.

It was a very warm, humid and rainy weekend. This of course explains why Stella is wearing a winter coat and boots in the picture. On Saturday, some friends came over for dinner. The humidity was out of control - one of those evenings where you sweat just sitting in a chair. At one point the kids were playing inside by themselves. It had been awfully quiet for awhile, so I poked my head in to find Stella and her friend Claire dressed in full winter gear. My only theory is that the contrast between the heat/humidity outside and the air conditioned air inside made it seem cold in the house, prompting the winter coats. Or perhaps I am trying to apply logic to irrational, but perfectly normal, behavior for a two and a three year old. At any rate, it was pretty comical - right down to the "I'm going to eat you as soon as this picture is taken" face Claire is making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home