Catching up

In general, I would call the mobile posts a success, although they probably require a supplemental post now and then to catch up on some events. Shortly after Lucy was born we broke ground on a new house about 5 miles from where we live now. There was an existing home on the property that I found someone to take and haul away - this was an interesting operation. I can't say I would want to live in a house that has spent time cruising down the highway, but it was fun to watch the process.
After the old house was gone, we got started on excavation - since a big hole and a pile of dirt is kind of boring, we decided to liven up this photo with a pose from Stella.

Progress has been remarkably fast. The photo below was taken yesterday. We're just about fully framed.
We also recently celebrated mother's day with some early morning festivities - breakfast and presents in bed.
Lucy is now about a month old. She's been sleeping better at night, although her most peaceful time of day (no grunting, yelping, wheezy burpy sounds) is about 8am to 7pm. This makes for fairly pleasant days. Evenings and nights are OK, trending in a positive direction. At one point our efforts to silence her at night resulted in a first class, business class and coach class set-up in our room (see below). For several weeks, it wasn't quite clear which she preferred so she spent a lot of nights moving about the cabin. We have since settled on the unit at the lower right. This is an interesting little number that slides back and forth on flat rails - more of a slide than a swing. Either she really likes it, or is so sick and disoriented, and frustrated from having her arms "swaddled" to her sides, that she has given up complaining.
Stella likes to choose Lucy's clothes which is very fun for her, although it results in some interesting outfits. I suppose the one below isn't all that crazy aside form the green shoes.
Although small babies are not my thing (they are far too fragile and I am far too clumsy), I have found a few arrangements that are acceptable, including the one below. Other people seem more comfortable holding Lucy, including her grandma who visited yesterday.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home