Father's Day festivities
After taking a year off from the usual Father's Day adventure (not sure what happened last year - too much going on with the new house I guess), we got back to it. I decided to run two trips since Stella and Lucy have differing interests and patience levels. Lucy and I decided to go to the zoo for a half day on Saturday, and Stella and I took an overnight trip to Stillwater from Monday to Tuesday.
In the end, Stella wanted to accompany us to the zoo, and being that Lucy had no objection, we left mom alone for a few hours. I can't say Lucy's inaugural trip with Dad was all that exciting. Despite the weatherman's forecast calling for clearing by the time we arrived, it pretty much rained the whole time we were there. Consequently, the highlights were eating a soft pretzel and stomping in puddles. I thought the experience was underwhelming, but Lucy cried when we left, so it must have been better for her than I thought.
Stella and I had a nice trip to Stillwater that involved a lot of junk food, little swimming and a really long walk up a huge staircase (the pic below is halfway up). We also spent an hour wandering around a giant antique store where there was no shortage of interesting old stuff for a 5 year to want to buy. All the way around it was a pleasant trip.
In the end, Stella wanted to accompany us to the zoo, and being that Lucy had no objection, we left mom alone for a few hours. I can't say Lucy's inaugural trip with Dad was all that exciting. Despite the weatherman's forecast calling for clearing by the time we arrived, it pretty much rained the whole time we were there. Consequently, the highlights were eating a soft pretzel and stomping in puddles. I thought the experience was underwhelming, but Lucy cried when we left, so it must have been better for her than I thought.
Stella and I had a nice trip to Stillwater that involved a lot of junk food, little swimming and a really long walk up a huge staircase (the pic below is halfway up). We also spent an hour wandering around a giant antique store where there was no shortage of interesting old stuff for a 5 year to want to buy. All the way around it was a pleasant trip.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home