Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big Weekend


A sure sign of a good weekend are late bedtimes and we had those in abundance the past couple days.  The highlights of the weekend were Lucy's third birthday celebration and Stella's father/daughter dance.  I'll start with the dance, put on by the girl scouts.  It was a wild scene - there were at least 250 attendees, possibly quite a few more.  Stella and I had a very nice dinner before arriving for 3 hours of dancing.  In truth, I did not dance for the full three hours.  I probably danced closer to 30 minutes, and spend the balance eating and talking to other dads while the girls chased each other around the dance floor. It was pretty fun.

Today we celebrated Lucy's 3rd birthday (actual b-day is tomorrow).  We had about 20 people over - a mix of family and friends.  Mermaids were the theme, so we had some activities like "fishing for toys" and an Ariel pinata.  Sara made a very impressive under the sea cake that I failed to photograph for some reason.  Lucy had a great time, although she was looking a little worse for the wear afterwards.  Too much sugar, not enough real food.  We think she may have even barfed a little before passing out on the couch at 5:30.  Rock on Lucy!

It's a big one

PiƱata

Presents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home