Monday, January 18, 2010

Party time

After a couple weeks of down time, we are back on the party circuit. Stella attended Joe Bazzano's 3rd birthday party this weekend. Stella was the only female guest who wasn't a blood relation of the birthday boy. It was held at Choo Choo Bob's train store, and was definitely a boy themed party. Despite a growing fascination with babies and all things princess, Stella still seemed to enjoy the train related activities: coloring her own train car, playing with some of the toy trains, wearing the conductor's hat and eating train themed cake. Despite the theme of the party, Stella approached the event as only a woman can. We were all getting ready Saturday morning when Stella disappeared for awhile. I called out and asked where she was. She responded by saying she was in her room getting ready. Since she had already gotten dressed, I asked "what are you doing?" She very casually shouted back, "I am making myself beautiful." This apparently involved wearing all of her jewelry and stocking her purse (see below for a photo).

Keeping with the theme of amusing things that Stella says, apparently while I was out of town over the previous weekend, Stella referred to me as "a sweet old man." This came up in the context of explaining to her Aunt Jenni that she and I don't like to leave the house in the winter, and that I am really happy when I get home from work. Sounds about right, so I guess maybe I am a sweet old man.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home