Thursday, July 05, 2012

4th of July

We had what is becoming our annual 4th of July party yesterday.  It was something like 97 with a heat index north of 100.  Despite the heat, we had a lot of people show up - I think there were 17 kids and close to that many adults.  It was a watery event.  We deployed the full arsenal:  a slip and slide, horse tank swimming pool, bounce house with water, water table, water balloons, squirt guns, and a sprinkler.  As you can see from the shot above of Lucy's hands, the kids took full advantage of the water.

I took lots of pictures, so I will dispense with the narrative and let the photos tell the story.

Exploring the slip and slide

Aglow

The strangest swimming pool you'll ever see

A popular tube

Loading the water gun

Balloon toss - the critical first pass

Bombs away

Preparing for battle

Direct hit

Old people playing

Mmmm.  Boogers.

Can I buy you a juice box honey?

Pin the star on the flag

Delicious gummy worm

The saggy diaper crew

The gang

The toxic twins

Sparkler

Sparkler part 2

Bedtime

The oooh and ahhh of Sara's fireworks display

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home