Monday, November 19, 2012

Family Pictures

We had some professional pictures of the family taken about a month ago and recently received the images.  These aren't your standard portraits, reminiscent of grade school class pictures, but rather in-home, quasi-action shot pictures.  I say quasi because the idea is that we are being captured in our natural environment, yet we are hardly behaving naturally.  The unnaturalness began with the carefully chosen outfits and extended all the way to us playing stringed instruments on the stairs.  Still, we ended up with a variety of nice shots, mostly of the girls.  

Our photographer (who did a great job) kept trying to snap candid photos of me - I think in a failed attempt to convince me I like to get my picture taken.  They all look like something straight from the white house photographer's camera.  Despite my reluctance to publish any photo of myself, I will share one below for comic relief.

Lucy was the most compliant smiler of the bunch

Hula 1

Hula 2

Getting a little more atmospheric and moody.

"Boating"in the log basket

Sound check

A quiet moment after a long election night, or was it a quiet moment outside the situation room after I decided to send those drones into Iran.  I don't recall.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home